Five Things You Need to Know Today, August 29
Plenty of sunshine is expected on Wednesday as the week rolls on.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There will be sunshine and plenty of it midweek in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will level out at a comfortable 77° on Wednesday. There is a zero percent chance of rain on the day and there will be abundant sunshine throughout.
2. Did you miss anything on Tuesday? You can catch up on the latest headlines by having a read of the latest police log, seeing what Christine MacKenzie had to say about the first day of school, finding out the latest on the Verizon outages and more.
3. Make sure you're prepared for the school year that is now upon us. Check out the Wilmington Patch back to school guide for everything that will get your ready for school, which began on Tuesday. In addition, you'll also want to read how you can best use Wilmington Patch this school year.
4. What do you want to see on Wilmington Patch? Whether you have a news tip, a story idea, or just a way that we can improve the site, we want to hear from you. All you have to do is e-mail your thoughts to Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. Our fan total keeps on climbing towards 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,566 Facebook fans thanks to one new follower on Tuesday. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. Thanks for your support, Wilmington! We're also up to 959 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000.