Five Things You Need to Know Today, August 28
Happy first day of school to you, Wilmington students and parents.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Some storms are possible on Tuesday morning as students hit the classroom. According to Weather.com, temperatures will hit 82° on the day. There is a 60 percent chance of rain on the day and showers and thunderstorms are likely, especially in the morning.
2. Today is the big day for Wilmington students. Tuesday marks the first day of school for grades 1-12 as summer comes to a close. Students will load onto their buses and head to their new classrooms, and Wilmington Patch will have photos from the day, so be sure to check back.
3. While we're on the topic of back to school, there's one place you can find all of Patch's coverage leading up to today's opening. Be sure to check out the Wilmington Patch back to school guide for everything that will get your ready for this year.
4. What do you want to see on Wilmington Patch? Whether you have a news tip, a story idea, or just a way that we can improve the site, we want to hear from you. All you have to do is e-mail your thoughts to Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. Our fan total keeps on climbing towards 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,565 Facebook fans thanks to one new follower on Monday. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. Thanks for your support, Wilmington! We're also up to 954 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000.