Five Things You Need to Know Today, August 24
The weekend starts off with a sunny Friday in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Start your weekend off with sunshine, Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at a comfortable 82° on Friday. There is only a 20 percent chance of rain to start the weekend, and with the exception of a few afternoon clouds it will be sunny throughout.
2. What is your take on the school district's approach to 1:1 technology? During Wednesday night's School Committee meeting, board members heard about pilot programs laid out at the Middle School and High School that could eventually lead to 1:1 netbook learning. Read all of the details about the program, and weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section.
3. What do you want to see on Wilmington Patch? Whether you have a news tip, a story idea, or just a way that we can improve the site, we want to hear from you. All you have to do is e-mail your thoughts to Local Editor Matt Schooley.
4. The library is offering the chance for residents to display their artwork. Wilmington Memorial Library hosts its Wilmington Through Art Contest now through the submission deadline of September 15. Entries must be original, hand-produced art that represents the town. For more information on the contest, visit the library's website.
5. Our Facebook fan total got a boost on Thursday. We now have an impressive 1,557 Facebook fans thanks to two new followers on Thursday. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. Thanks for your support, Wilmington! We're also up to 941 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000.