Last week, we provided you with a list of locations in town where you can go to volunteer your time this holiday season. But there is another way for you to help out those in need.
So today, we bring you options for where you can donate money and other resources to lend a hand.
Be sure to let us know in the comments section below
1. There are several locations around town where residents can donate to Toys for Tots, including Town Hall, Market Basket, Reading Co-Operative Bank and the Senior Center. Donations go to needy residents in Wilmington and Tewksbury.
2. Wilmington Fire Department is also holding a toy drive, with a drop off box located in the Public Safety Building. "For over 20 years, the Wilmington Firefighters have been able to help Wilmington children that are less fortunate at Christmas," said firefighter Dave Feyler. "Our program is special because it helps the children of our town."
3. The Salvation Army is always accepting donations, providing clothing and other items to those who could not normally afford them. The local facility is located on 625 Main Street.
4. St. Thomas of Villanova offers a year round opportunity to help those in need. The local church provides a clothing drop box where residents can leave gently used items.
5. While Local Heroes is a great place to donate time, it's also an organization that needs financial support during the holiday season. Your donations can make sure soldiers overseas receive care packages when they can't spend the holidays with their families.