5 Things You Need To Know Today, Wednesday, March 6
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your class.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get you over the hump on this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest person on the block.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today there is a slight chance of snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Breezy, with a northeast wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow before 7pm, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Northeast wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Snow. High near 35. North wind 16 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Thursday Night Snow. Low around 29. North wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Snow likely, mainly before 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Unions are going to play a big role in the BOS race here in town, Police, Fire, and Teachers certainly haven't forgot how the BOS publicly went to bat in support of Jodi Ross and the School Committee last year. The trample the constitution stunt, costing the town $20,000, was just icing on the cake." Reader Dan, commenting on the story, "Unions May Be Key to U.S. Senate Race."
3. It's Happening Today: The Conservation Commission is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. in Room 9 at Town Hall. Click here for a peek at the agenda.
4. By The Numbers: 14. With all due respect to a certain pudgy groundhog, hat's how many days are left to this seemingly endless winter. According to the Old Farmer's Almanac, spring officially begins on March 20, at 7:02 a.m.
5. And Another Thing: What have you and your family been up to recently? Share your photos and video clips with your Wilmington neighbors by uploading them directly onto Patch Pics and Clips. Click here to get started.