5 Things You Need To Know Today, Wednesday, Feb. 27
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your book club.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to help get you over the hump on this Wednesday and to help make you the smartest person in the express aisle at the supermarket.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today we will see rain and snow, becoming all rain after 4pm. Patchy fog before 8am, then Patchy fog after 4pm. High near 37. East wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night Rain. Patchy fog before 3am. Low around 35. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Thursday Showers likely. Patchy fog between 8am and 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Rain showers likely before 11pm, then snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of snow showers before 11am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I line dry my laundry 9 months of the year. I have a huge water barrel that I use to water the garden in the summer." Reader webmom, commenting on the story, "20 Ways to Go Green in 2013."
3. It's Happening Today: Dining for a Cause at the 99 Restaurant, 144 Lowell St. - Supporting the Victims of the February Blizzard Fire. More than 20 families were displaced from the fire that took place during the blizzard earlier this month. To assist these families to get back on their feet, the 99 Restaurant is holding a Dining for A Cause Evening on Wednesday, February 27 from 4:00 to 10:00 p.m. The 99 will donate 15% of a guest check to the Victims of the February Blizzard Fire as long as they present the flyer. This is valid for dine in or take out. What a better way to help those in need by enjoying a good meal and helping those in your community. There will also be raffles.
4. It's Happening Today, Part 2: The Wilmington High girls basketball team kicks off its drive toward a state title when they host Chelsea in the first round of the Div. 2 North Tournament. This game is being played at Shawsheen Tech. Tap-off is set for 7 p.m.
5. And Another Thing: What have your friends and neighbors been up to recently? Click here and check out the latest Wilmington Pics & Clips.