5 Things You Need To Know Today. Tuesday, March 12
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
Here are 5 pieces of information to get your Tuesday started on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person in the coffee shop.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today showers are likely, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog after 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 54. South wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Showers, mainly before 1am. Patchy fog. Low around 40. Southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Could it be that this school is too old and should be knocked down so a new one can be built? Will this solve the education deficiency problem?" Reader Kevin McDonald, commenting on the story, "In Wake of MCAS Scores, Middle School Schedule To Be Changed."
3. It's Happening Today: The Papal Conclave (the official gathering of Catholic Cardinals to choose a new Pope) begins today in the Vatican. There is a lot of chatter that Cardinal Sean O'Malley, leader of the Boston Archdiocese could be among the favorites to be made the new leader of the Catholic Church. There has never been an American Pope.
4. It's Also Happening Today: the Wilmington Lions Club is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m at Pacific Grove Restaurant, 211 Lowell St., Wilmington. The club meets the second Tuesday of every month. Meetings are open to the public and we are always seeking new members. 100 percentof funds raised are donated to charitable causes supporting Wilmington and surrounding communities. For more information, please contact Shelley Sainato at 978-804-1398 or LionShelley@comcast.net.
5. And Another Thing: There is nothing like St. Patrick's Day in Boston. And that's where the Wilmington High boys ice hockey team will be spending it. The Wildcats will be gunning for their second straight Division 2 state title against either Oliver Ames or Franklin High at the TD Garden on Sunday. The time has not yet been announced.