5 Things You Need To Know Today, Monday, March 4
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in line at the coffee shop.
Here are five pieces of information designed to make your Monday feel a little bit less like a Monday and to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWs, there will be a slight chance of rain and snow showers before noon, then scattered rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow showers before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Northeast wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow showers before 1pm, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I am so lucky. I was the first car turned back when the road was closed. Scary and sad." Reader Chuck Otis, commenting on the story, "Head-On Crash Claims Life Near The Intersection of Route 125 and 28."
3. It's Happening Today: Stop by the Wilmington Memorial Library at 5 p.m. for your children to have a chance to Read to Mackenzie!! Mackenzie is a great listener who loves to have kids of all ages read to him. Reading out loud to dogs is great way for kids to improve their reading skills. It helps build kids confidence to read to a nonjudgmental listener like Mackenzie. Mackenzie has been certified as a therapy dog by the Pets & People Foundation. Call the Children’s Department to sign up for a 15 minute session between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm. All Ages.
4. It's Happening Today, Part 2: Healing Mission at St Thomas and St Dorothy's tonight at 7:30 p.m. at St. Dorothy's Church, 11 Harnden St. A Lenten Healing Mission will be presented by the Catholic Community of Wilmington and South Tewksbury, and held at St Dorothys Church on March 4-7, starting at 7:30 pm. The Goal of this particular Mission is to provide a greater understanding of what faith is and what it really means in our daily lives. The Service will conclude with a Healing service. Including the Laying on of Hands. Healing does not mean healing from Physical Illnesses although this sometimes does happen It means the Holistic healing of the whole body Physical, Psychological, and Spiritual. The whole community is welcome to join and participate in this event. come and experience the healing power of Gods love
5. And Another Thing: A tip of the cap to Wilmington's Joseph Pendenza. The UMass-Lowell junior has 12 goals and 21 assists this season to help the River Hawks (21-9-2) climb into first place in the Hockey East standings.