5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 13
Before you end your week, here are 5 things you need to know.
Today is Friday, July 13 and here are 5 things you need to know.
1. Live Chat - Elizabeth Warren will be joining us in a state-wide live chat today at 1:15 p.m. until 2 p.m. Please join us and ask what is on your mind!
2. DoSomething.org and Staples have teamed up with teen actress and recording artist Bella Thorne, for the 5th annual Staples for Students national school supply drive, to help kids in need. The drive encourages local young people to collect school supplies and drop them off at their nearest Staples store now through September 15. All school supplies and donations will be given locally to the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Billerica to ensure they get into the hands of disadvantaged youth just in time for the new school year.
3. The Town Museum at the Harnden Tavern is hosting a "Lunch and Games" programs from noon to 2 p.m. on Fridays throughout July and early August. Families can eat a picnic lunch on the grounds of the Museum and play old fashioned games (hoop toss, rolling hoops, game of graces, cup and ball, etc.) in the backyard afterwards.
4. A big congratulations goes to Frankie Irizarry of Wilmington. Irizarry qualified for the 2012 USA Track and Field (USATF) Junior Olympics in the 80 Meter High Hurdles.
5. Weather: It's going to be a hot one! Sunny skies and highs near 90 degrees are expected. Pack the sunblock!
For more events going on today, look at the events calendar.