5 Things You Need to Know Today, Friday, March 22
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person working for the weekend.
Here are 5 pieces of information to get your weekend started a bit earlier and to help make you the smartest person in the checkout line of the grocery store.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weekend Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will feature scattered sprinkles after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Scattered sprinkles and flurries before 7pm, then scattered flurries between 7pm and 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. West wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 45. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I'd love to comment on this story, but I'm currently sawing the catalytic converter off my car; maybe later." Reader Mike G, commenting tongue-in-cheek (we hope) on the story, "Five Cars for Going Green."
3. It's Happening Tonight: Wilmington Pop Warner Jim Plunkett Night at the Knights of Columbus, starting at 8 p.m. Jim Plunkett is one of the region's most popular entertainers. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the Door. Tickets available online: www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=wilmingtonpopwarner or Call Christine at(978) 430-0875
4. It's Happening This Weekend: The 4th Annual Meghan McCarthy 5K Road Race is being run on Sunday, starting at 10 a.m. at Tewksbury High School. This is a tremendous event that raises money for cancer and brain tumor research. If you are a runner or walker of any age, this is a worthwhile event to participate it. Registration is just $15. Click here for more details.
5. Oh, And Another Thing: The Sons Of Italy Easter Bunny Breakfast is scheduled for Sunday at 9 a.m. at the Knights of Columbus.