5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, March 15
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person on the bus.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to help you fare better than Julius Caesar on the Ides of March and to help make you the smartest person at your company.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today we will see increasing clouds, with a high near 41. West wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain and snow showers before 9pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 9pm and 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Light northeast wind.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
2. Did You Know: In the Ancient Roman Calendar, March 15 was known as "The Ides of March" and was the subject of many religious observances. On this date in 44BC, Roman Emperor Julius Caesar was assassinated at a meeting of the Roman Senate. The event, and the phrase "Beware the Ides of March" became immortalized in the Shakespeare Play, "Julius Caesar."
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Congratulations Lou! You continue to help more people (not just veterans) in 1 year than others do in a lifetime! Continue to stand tall and be proud of all that you and your Veterans team have accomplished! Once again, congratulations!" Reader Judy O'Connell, commenting on the story, "Cimaglia Named State's Top Veterans Agent."
4. It's Happening Today: Pizza and Prayer tonight at Saint Thomas of Villanova Church, 126 Middlesex Ave. The Catholic Youth Ministry Invites High School Students to an fun evening of Pizza and Understanding the Stations of the Cross at St Thomas of Villanova Church .
5. It's Happening This Weekend: There is no place else to be on Sunday but TD Garden in Boston as the Wilmington High boys hockey team goes for its second straight Division 2 State Title against Franklin High. The puck drops at 1:30 p.m. For more on this game on all the info you need to know about tickets, parking etc., click here.