5 Things You Need To Know Today, Friday, March 1
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at the water cooler.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your weekend off to an early start and to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weekend Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will feature scattered showers, mainly after 2pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 40. North wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night Scattered snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow showers before noon, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain showers before 8pm, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Light northwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers before noon, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Wow.. I can't believe that people seem to focus on everything that may be wrong with this town instead of commenting on all that is great in Wilmington.. As a resident of this town for forty-three years, I can assure you that there is no better place to live north of boston than Wilmington, MA.. If you don't believe me then feel free to live in any of the surrounding towns...Those of you who are the winers...either do something positive for the town, or move out..." Reader James Magliozzi, commenting on the blog post, "Aggravated with Wilmington? You'll Never Guess Who's On Who's Side."
3. It's Happening Today: If it's Friday, that means it's Drop-in Story time at the Wilmington Memorial Library, starting at 10 a.m.
4. It's Happening Sunday: The Wounded Warrior Breakfast, postponed from last month by a snowstorm, will take place Sunday, from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.at the Wilmington/Tewksbury Lodge of Elks, 777 South St. Tewksbury.
5. By The Numbers: 6. That's the number of candidates who have taken out nomination papers for the three available seats on the Wilmington School Committee. If all return their papers, it could make for a wide-open election.